If you are unable to view your CCTV on your mobile device, the problem will be related to your Internet Router (WiFi) not sending an internet connection to your CCTV Recorder (DVR / NVR). There could be several reasons why this exists, so please identify the app you are using from the list below first.
If your system was installed before January 2017, then you should be using the ‘iVMS-4500‘ app to view your CCTV, unless you were migrated to the ‘Hik-Connect’ app during a CCTV Service Visit.
If you were using iVMS-4500 and you have reset, upgraded or changed your router then please read this : I’ve changed / reset / upgraded my Broadband Internet Router, alternatively please read the troubleshooting guide below.
If your system was installed after January 2017, then you should be using the ‘Hik-Connect‘ app to view your CCTV then please read on.
To troubleshoot your problem, please try the following steps first.
- Check the internet connection is actually working at home / businesses first. Can you connect to your WiFi? Can you load internet pages?
- Rease reboot both your router (BT, Sky, Virgin, etc) and your CCTV first then wait for about 15 minutes for both devices to fully restart, then check again.
- If you are using the TP Link Powerline Adapters then please ensure that the adapters are displaying three green lights on them. If the adapters display two or less lights the connection will not work. This usually happens during a power surge or spike. To rectify this, you will need to turn off the TP Link Plug from the mains switch, count to five – then turn it back on. You should then see three green lights on the plugs, thus restoring the internet connection to your CCTV.
- Does your phone receive an internet signal? Is it connected to WiFi or 4g?
- If the above is all correct, and your Hik-Connect app is still showing the device as ‘offline’, please refresh your app by dragging down with your finger the camera list view. This will update the feed within your app.
- If you checked all of the above and are confident the issue it not with your internet, then please contact our support via email and log a ticket.
Please ensure you have followed ALL of the above troubleshooting procedures before contacting us.