Device Conflicted in Hikvision DDNS
Hikvision provides DDNS service for its products (e.g. DVRs), allowing customers to use their equipment anywhere in the world, even if they do not have a static external IP address.
This article addresses the issue when the ‘Device Domain’ is moved from one device to another and the ‘Device Conflicted’ issue arises.
1) You have an Analogue DVR that is using the DDNS service to retain a static connection from your mobile devices.
2) You have upgraded the system to a newer model DVR or better still a Digital NVR.
3) You need / would like to retain the same ‘Device Domain’ with the new system
1) The old device should be cleared of its ‘Device Domain’ settings within the DDNS area of the Network Settings.
2) Login to the account managing that device domain (www.hik-online.com) and delete the entry entirely.
3) The old device should be given a ‘new’ device domain then registered as usual with (www.hik-online.com). It is at this point that the existing ‘Device Domain’ is unbinded from the existing hardware.
4) Give the ‘new’ device the ‘Device Domain’ name you wish to retain from step 1.
5) Register this domain and new serial within (www.hik-online.com)
If you fail to give the ‘old device’ a ‘new device domain name’ when you try to enter the existing device domain with the new device the ‘Device Conflicted’ error will appear and you will not be able to use the existing name, even though you have deleted the entry from within (www.hik-online.com).