Due to continued expansion we have a vacancy for an Apprentice CCTV Engineer.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive industry leading training with experienced engineers and in the classroom environment.
Formal NVQ and City & Guilds qualifications will also be achieved as part of the training scheme.
This represents a great opportunity to start a career in a progressive fast moving company and industry, while working with a focused but modern friendly team.
The salary will start off at £7,800 per annum, well above the minimum apprenticeship requirements. This will then be reviewed at predefined stages.
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
All applicants will need to meet the minimum requirements detailed below:
- Strong interest in CCTV and technology
- Ability to define colour coded cable
- Ability to work at height from ladders and other access equipment
- Ability to work unaided with clear instruction and as part of a team
- Previous security system or electrical installation experience (Advantageous but not required)
- Experience with hand and power tools (Desirable but not required immediately)
- Full UK Drivers Licence (Desirable but not required immediately)
- BS7858 Employee Screening will be required
- Smart & Presentable Appearance
DESIRED CANDITATE EXPERIENCE
- IT Networking
SYSTEM TYPES AND EQUIPMENT YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
- IP CCTV – Hikvision
- Analogue CCTV – Hikvision TVI
- Monitored CCTV – Hikvision, External Detection (GJD, Redwall etc.)
- Basic Networking – IP Addressing of equipment, Port Forwarding, Use of Crossover cable for direct connection to equipment, setting up DDNS when no static IP address is available.
REQUIRED CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
All members of our team are expected to be conscientious team players, helping us all achieve the goal of high quality installations and excellent customer service.
Detailed below are some of the key attributes required:
- Competent in working with IT equipment and various software – Microsoft Office, CRM systems and web based systems
- Attention to detail – Ensuring all work is carried out to a high standard & documents are completed accurately
- Punctual – Arrive at the office or any other place of work on time
- Excellent Communication Skills – Be able to communicate in writing and verbally clearly and confidently
- Teamwork – Work confidently within a group or independently as part of a larger team
- Initiative & Self Motivation – Able to act on initiative, identify opportunities & proactive in putting forward ideas and solutions
- Drive – Determination to get things done, make things happen and constantly looking for better ways of doing things
- Flexibility – Adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
- Time Management – Manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and able to work to deadlines
- Integrity – Adheres to standards and procedures, maintains confidentiality and questions inappropriate behavior.
- Company Uniform & PPE
- Access Equipment
- Continual Training
- Personal Development Plan
- High Quality Tools
- Test Equipment
- 28 Days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
- Optional Pension Scheme
- Possibility of Overtime Available
Almost all work is carried out in Essex, London, Hertfordshire and Kent with occasional travel to other areas when required.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £7,800.00 /year